Wednesday 2 November 2016

Alpha/Dictionary Challenge - U and H



I missed the last challenge from The Craft Barn's Alpha/Dictionary Challenge so still need to catch up on that one (V). Our baby grandson has been with us for 3 months now and has gone home for a few days so I can get a few bits done.  I have finally caught up with H from a few weeks ago and have also managed to get the new challenge U done today!  For H I went for Humming Bird as I have a lovely Crafty Individuals stamp just right for the challenge!  And for U I went with what is probably an obvious one, Umbrella.  I love this little stamp by Tim Holtz but unfortunately it has succumbed to breaking down and crumbling like so many of my acrylic stamps have done over the years (I do look after them properly as advised by manufacturers).  I need to have a hunt around online and see if I can get myself another set of these although I am loathe to buy any more acrylic stamps really.

13 comments:

Elaine said...

I love your H for Hummingbird and laughed when I saw your Umbrella Man - I used him too!! He's a great stamp and probably one to buy in rubber. Glad you've had chance to catch up. Elaine

Mickie said...

Glad you're catching up - be a shame not to finish now you've come so far! Love your umbrella man and thanks for joining in the Craft Barn Challenge xx

Scrapmate said...

2 lovely pages especially umbrella man. I have lost a couple of acrylic stamps too but nothing major so far thank goodness.

crafty creations said...

Stunning cards Lesley and yes that umbrella man is such a useful stamp - love the colours you've used

sally said...

Two great shares, I thought about using the umbrella man but could not resist the girl splashing in the rain in the end- I'm sure it will prove to be a popular image:-)

Sally

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That is a wonderful umbrella stamp and you did a great job with it, too. Of course, my favorite is the Hummingbird entry you created. It is wonderful.

I am not much of a stamper, but I have a few acrylic stamps, either purchased very cheaply or nicer ones that were given/gifted me. Once I use them, they don't stick, either on the acrylic block OR when I return them to the backing piece. And I even wash them with mild soap and water as suggested, but nothing helps. One of mine I used a lot in my scrappy journals has stretched and is now distorted and wonky. But I've never had acrylic crumble, only old red rubber. I hope you find a viable solution to this problem and will share it with us if/when you do.

kaybee said...

Two fabulous entries - love the collage look, and can't quite decide which is my favourite, but maybe edging towards the happy humming bird!

Julia said...

That is a much loved little umbrella man, I used him on my entry too, love it. I hope you manage to find a replacement. The hummingbird is lovely too.

Craftyfield said...

2 beautiful pages Lesley! I have a clear stamp set that is going yellow and soft but otherwise I haven't had problems. It very much depends on the polymer used and they are different from one company to the next.

WendyK said...

Two lovely pages, the umbrella man is very useful, and I love the Crafty Individuals stamp. Some of my clear stamps are going very soft and sticky, but not crumbly. Well done on trying to catch up with the challenge.

Crafty Claire said...

Two really great pages with a lovely mix of stamping xx

maggie said...

Two great pages. I never tire of seeing the umbrella man image but I don't have it in my collection. If I do buy it at some stage I will make sure I get it in rubber.

daisy said...

Congratulations on winning the random draw :o)